Genetics of Complex Disorders
Dwaipayan Bharadwaj is interested in various aspects related to complex disorders. He aims at identifying genetic, epigenetic and proteomic predisposition markers for Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity in Indian population. He has studied the monogenic disorders like Hemophilia B as simplistic models of complex disorders. He is also interested in using bioinformatics and meta-analysis to formulate hypotheses on the functional implications of genetic variants. His interests include:
Genetic basis of Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity.
Complexities in genotype-phenotype correlations in clotting disorders.
Evolutionary and Functional Implications of sequence variations in clotting disorders
- Rubina tabassum,Ganesh Chauhan,Om Prakash Diwivedi,Anubha Mahajan,Alok Jaiswal,Ismeet Kaur,khushdeep Bandesh,Tejbir Singh, Benan John Mathai,Yogesh Pandey,Manickam Chidambaram,Amitabh Sharma,Sreenivas Chavali,Shantanu Sengupta,Laxmi Ramakrishnan,Pradeep Venkatesh,Sanjay K. Aggrawal,Saurabh Ghosh,Dorairaj Prabhakaran,Reddy K. Srinath,Madhukar Saxena, Monisha Banerjee,Sandeep Mathur,Anil Bhansali,Viral N. Shah,Sri Venkata Madhu, Raman K Marwaha,Analabha Basu, Vinod Scaria,Mark I. McCarthy,DIAGRAM,INDICO,Radha Venkatesan,Viswanathan Mohan, Nikhil Tandon and Dwaipayan Bharadwaj.(2013).Genome -Wide Association Study for Type 2 Diabetes in Indians Identifies a New Susceptibility Locus at 2q21.Diabetes 62(3):977-86.
- Rubina Tabassum, Yuvaraj Mahendran, Om Prakash Dwivedi, Ganesh Chauhan,Saurabh Ghosh, Raman K. Marwaha, Nikhil Tandon & Dwaipayan Bharadwaj(2012) Common variants of IL6, LEPR and PBEF1 are associated with obesity in Indian children. Diabetes 61: 626-631.
- Chauhan G, Spurgeon CJ, Tabassum R, Bhaskar S, Kulkarni SR, Mahajan A, Chavali S, Kumar, Prakash S, Dwivedi OP, Ghosh S, Yajnik CS, Tandon N, Bharadwaj D*, Chandak GR* (2010). Impact of common variants of PPARG, KCNJ11, TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A, IGF2BP2 and CDKAL1 on the risk of type 2 diabetes in 5148 Indians. Diabetes 59:2068-2074 *Corresponding authors.
- Rubina Tabassum, Sreenivas Chavali, Om Prakash Dwivedi, Nikhil Tandon, Dwaipayan Bharadwaj (2008) Genetic variants of FOXA2: Risk of type 2 diabetes and effect on metabolic traits in North Indians. J Hum Genet 53: 957-965.
- Amitabh Sharma, Sreenivas Chavali, Anubha Mahajan, Rubina Tabassum, Vijaya Banerjee, Nikhil Tandon, and Dwaipayan Bharadwaj (2005) Genetic association, post-translational modification, and protein-protein interactions in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 4: 1029-1037.