Low cost diagnostics
Pradip Nahar works in the area of surface chemistry, biomolecule immobilization, aptamer, diagnostics and image- based assay. His recent research interest involves:
Development of low cost image- based diagnostics
A low cost affordable diagnosis assay device is made which does not require costly microtiter ELISA plate or spectrophotometer. As Image-based ELISA on an activated polypropylene microtest plate (APPµTP) is cheap, sensitive, specific, and rapid, it can be employed in both resource-rich and resource-limited settings either as POC or as a powerful alternative to conventional ELISA, widely used in clinical and research laboratories. Rapid diagnostic would also help timely medication and therefore limiting sufferings of the patients.
- Shahila Parween, Pradip Nahar Image-based ELISA on an activated polypropylene microtest plate -A spectrophotometer-free low cost assay technique. Biosensors and Bioelectronics (2013) 48:287–292
- Sanjiv Kumar, Bhanwar Lal Puniya, Shahila Parween, Pradip Nahar, Srinivasan Ramachandran* Identification of Novel Adhesins of M. tuberculosis H37Rv Using Integrated Approach of Multiple Computational Algorithms and Experimental Analysis. PLOS ONE (2013) 8: e69790
- Microwave-mediated enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay procedure. Pradip Nahar, Utpal Bora, Gainda L. Sharma, Dileep Kumar Kannoujia. Analytical Biochemistry (2012) 421: 764–766
- Ultrasound wave-mediated enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay technique. Sharma, P. and Nahar, P. Analytica Chimica Acta.(2009) 650:241–246.
- Pressure: a novel tool for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay procedure. Kannoujia DK and Nahar P. BioTechniques. (2009) 46:468–472